Dear Parish Council,
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) has been exploring options to reduce the impact of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV) through traffic using the A507 in Cottered Village following representations to the Highways Cabinet Panel by local communities.
HCC is proposing to implement a weight limit ban affecting the A507 and part of the B1037 in Cottered as an experimental scheme under an Experimental Traffic Regulation Order (ETRO) for up to 18 months.
The purpose is to understand the effectiveness of the weight limit ban before making any decision to make the Traffic Regulation Order permanent.
The key expected benefits of this proposal are:
- HGV through traffic will be rerouted to more suitable routes, reducing overall HGV traffic in Cottered and along the A507.
- The HGV ban in Cottered is anticipated to reduce HGV through traffic in Baldock due to the weight limit restricting flows for vehicles over 7.5T between the A1 and A10 on this route.
- The A507 will be a safer route.
- The ETRO will allow HCC to determine if a permanent TRO is justified before the permanent TRO is applied.
- The ETRO will allow HCC to make amendments to the scheme as seen necessary before it is made permanent.
We are now in a position to begin the informal consultation process and intend to consult the nearby residents on Friday 14th October 2022.
Please find attached the letter and the plan concerning the above scheme and proposals.
Your support for this scheme is sought after and your feedback appreciated.
Have your say
During this consultation, we would like to invite you to provide feedback you may have specific to the outlined proposal. This can be done via an online survey tool using the following link: https://surveys.hertfordshire.gov.uk/s/A507WeightLimitETRO/ We ask that it is submitted by Sunday 13 November 2022.
Alternatively, if you would like a paper copy of the online survey, please make a request using the details provided in the attached letter.