Would you like to be more involved in the decisions that are made about your community?
Have you considered becoming a local Parish Councillor? Aspenden Parish Council has a vacancy for a Councillor.
Parish Councillors are ordinary people who are at the heart of their local community so are best placed to deal with the local issues facing residents and have the drive to make those small but important changes to improve life for all those in the community.
To be eligible to be a Councillor you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen, or a national of an EU member state.
Satisfy at least one of the following:
- Registered local government elector for the parish
- Occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the parish area during the whole of the previous 12 months
- Main or only place of work (including unpaid) in the parish area during the whole of the previous 12 months
- Lived in the parish area or within 3 miles (4.8 km) of it during the whole of the previous 12 months
You could be the one making the decisions about your local community.